For official ranking, “The Simple” recipe is what I’ll be using. I will experiment with other recipes, but to keep consistent only after each bourbon has received its initial ranking.
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 1/2 oz Simple syrup
- 3 dashes angostura bitters
- Fill mixing glass 3/4 full with ice from my fridges ice dispenser
- Add bitters, simple syrup, then bouron (I’m using a jig to ensure consistent pours)
- Stir for 30 seconds
- Pour into glass with solid ice cube of choice (cube or sphere)
- *Sometimes I have an orange handy to add an orange peel; I’ve found this doesn’t overly effect the taste, but is fun to throw in.
Published by Damien B
I started this blog as a challenge to myself, to get better at writing and comfortable with tech. I now use this to dust off ideas, share thoughts, and generally have fun.
My day job? I'm a management consultant. I enjoy learning about technology and how to make the best use of it. So, it is fitting that I've built my career around helping others leverage technology and improve work for the people who use it.
I'm a pretty safe person to share thoughts with; I try not to be judgy; I enjoy a good sense of humor and don't take offense to much. I appreciate open minds, and do my best to assume positive intent. I love to hear about ideas and thoughts that differ to my own. If nobody ever disagreed with me, I'd never have the privilege of being enlightened, nor the chance to learn and grow!
View all posts by Damien B