For official ranking, “The Simple” recipe is what I’ll be using. I will experiment with other recipes, but to keep consistent only after each bourbon has received its initial ranking.
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 1/2 oz Simple syrup
- 3 dashes angostura bitters
- Fill mixing glass 3/4 full with ice from my fridges ice dispenser
- Add bitters, simple syrup, then bouron (I’m using a jig to ensure consistent pours)
- Stir for 30 seconds
- Pour into glass with solid ice cube of choice (cube or sphere)
- *Sometimes I have an orange handy to add an orange peel; I’ve found this doesn’t overly effect the taste, but is fun to throw in.